Syracuse Athletics hires 2 new administrative members

first_img Published on November 18, 2016 at 7:06 pm Contact Matthew: [email protected] | @MatthewGut21 Syracuse Athletics hired this week two members to its senior leadership team. Chris Fuller will join the staff as deputy athletics director of external operations and Kristen Jones Kolod will join as deputy athletics director and chief financial officer.Fuller will help manage marketing athletics tickets sales, communications and the Orange Club, SU’s primary fundraising arm. Jones Kolod will oversee SU Athletics’ financials, acting as the athletic department’s liaison with the university’s budget office.Fuller worked at Tennessee for 12 years, holding positions in sales, marketing and external operations. Since 2009, he has served as senior associate athletics director for external operations. Jones Kolod has served as SU’s executive director of budget and administrative operations in the Division of Enrollment and Student Experience, which formed this summer as a combination of the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.Fuller and Jones Kolod join Director of Athletics John Wildhack’s staff. Wildhack was hired in July after Mark Coyle stepped down from the director of athletics position. Comments AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Facebook Twitter Google+last_img read more

Arsenal target Chelsea’s Michael Essien on deadline day

first_imgWELCOME to Frenetic Friday, the last day of the summer transfer window and the last chance for clubs to snap up some last-minute bargains and/or offload some of that unwanted stock that’s been sitting around for months just gathering dust.But enough of Marouane Chamakh. Let’s begin with the Daily Mail’s extraordinary claim that Arsenal – who remain hopeful of dumping Chamakh on Turkish club Besiktas and Nicklas Bendtner on Juventus – have contacted Chelsea with a view to bringing midfielder Michael Essien to the Emirates.Apparently Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has identified the 29-year-old Ghana international as the sort of no-nonsense defensive midfielder who will give his side a greater physical presence.The Mail says “strides have been taken” to negotiate a season-long loan deal for the Blues man, similar to the deal that last season saw Yossi Benayoun move from the Bridge to the Emirates. Chelsea boss Roberto di Matteo is believed to be happy with the idea now that Essien is a bit-part player at the Bridge.Everton had earlier in the week made a play for Essien but the Mail reports that the move fell through on Thursday with neither the Toffees nor Chelsea able to agree on the terms of the proposed deal.Elsewhere and The Sun is just one of many papers to report that Andy Carroll’s “Anfield agony” is over. The 23-year-old striker is leaving Liverpool for West Ham, who have persuaded the Reds to let Carroll join them with the option of making the move permanent at the end of the season. Carroll left Newcastle for Liverpool in January 2011 in a £35m deal, but the England frontman will leave Merseyside for just £1m. If he and the Hammers get on then the London club will pay Liverpool a further £16m next May.“It’s great to be at West Ham, I just can’t wait to get started now,” said Carroll. “I want to be playing games and hopefully scoring goals.”Meanwhile The Guardian claims that Liverpool will look to fill the gap left in their ranks by Carroll’s departure with the signing of Daniel Sturridge today. The Reds are hopeful of securing a loan deal for the 22-year-old striker in the coming hours.Speaking on Thursday night after his side had defeated Hearts in the Europa League, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers said: “Hopefully tomorrow we can do some work and get something complete because we certainly need it. I am hoping for one or two. We need one, that’s for sure.”The Guardian says that one player Liverpool look unlikely to land is Fulham’s Clint Dempsey. The American says it’s “highly unlikely” a deal will be done before tonight’s 11pm deadline because Liverpool can’t meet Fulham’s asking price of £7m. Finally, the Mirror claims that there will be comings and goings at Manchester City today as the Sky Blues wave goodbye to Nigel de Jong and welcome Maicon.Apparently the former will be heading to AC Milan while Inter Milan right-back Maicon will be travelling in the opposite direction in a £3m deal.The 31-year-old South American is tipped to sign a two-year deal worth £90,000-a-week, while Dutchman de Jong will join AC Milan in a deal the Mirror says comes in at around £3.5m.The capture of Maicon follows City’s signing of Swansea striker Scott Sinclair, the 23-year-old agreeing terms with the Premier League champions and the Swans also happy with the £8m deal. ·last_img read more