SEA Games 2019: Philippines clinches historic gold in women’s basketball PLAY LIST 05:02SEA Games 2019: Philippines clinches historic gold in women’s basketball06:27SEA Games 2019: No surprises as Gilas Pilipinas cruises to basketball gold02:43Philippines make clean sweep in Men’s and Women’s 3×3 Basketball02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Philippine Army to acquire MANPADS, self-propelled howitzers Japeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for Ginebra Miami Heat to retire Chris Bosh’s No. 1 jersey next month Latvian big man Porzingis, the number four pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, hasn’t played since undergoing surgery to repair a torn left knee ligament last February.He was traded from the New York Knicks last week in a blockbuster multi-player deal, but the Mavericks were quick to say that they don’t expect him to resume competition this season.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissSPORTSCoronation night?SPORTSThirdy Ravena gets offers from Asia, Australian ball clubsCuban said the Mavericks will evaluate Porzingis and develop a timetable for his return.“I’ve been patient this whole time and I’m going to keep staying patient,” Porzingis said. “We’re going to make the right decisions.” Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil LATEST STORIES Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Phivolcs: Slim probability of Taal Volcano caldera eruption View comments Newly acquired player Kristaps Porzingis, left, responds to questions as head coach Rick Carlisle, center, and team owner Mark Cuban, right, listen during a news conferences where the newly acquired players were introduced in Dallas, Monday, Feb. 4, 2019. (AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez)Kristaps Porzingis won’t join new Dallas teammate Luka Doncic on court this season, but once he does Mavericks owner Mark Cuban wants to keep the duo together for the long haul.“Our goal is to keep these two together for the next 20 years,” Cuban said Monday as the NBA club held a press conference to introduce new acquisitions Porzingis, Tim Hardaway Jr. Courtney Lee and Trey Burke.ADVERTISEMENT While Porzingis can become a restricted free agent at the end of this season, Cuban envisions Porzingis staying in Dallas and forming a dynamic duo with rookie sensation Doncic, the third overall selection in last June’s draft who is averaging 20.7 points per game along with 7.0 rebounds and 5.4 assists.Porzingis, 23, said he had a “great relationship” with the 19-year-old Slovenian, having played against him in Europe.“I remember he was a few years younger than me. We just know each other from playing against each other for a long time,” Porzingis said. “Now that I have the opportunity to play with him I’m really excited about it.”ADVERTISEMENT In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Tom Brady most dominant player in AFC championship history
Contraband found at Camp Street PrisonFollowing the discovery of several contraband items at the Georgetown Prisons over the past weekend, Police investigators are looking to have the 40 plus cellphones that were seized analysed.This was disclosed by Commander of A Division (Georgetown-East Bank Demerara) Clifton Hicken, who told reporters on Wednesday that investigations are ongoing into the major prison bust, which comes just over two months after the March prison riots that resulted in the death of 17 inmates.According to the Commander, the 44 seized cellphones are with investigators, who are sorting them out to be sent for examination. However, he explained that there are protocols that have to be obtained in such cases.The contraband found during the Joint Services raid at the Camp Street Prison over the weekend“We will request for certain information, via the hierarchy of the Force, from the companies. The company will then send the information requested, after following their process of course, and we will complete the investigations from there,” Hicken stated.He noted that after the investigation is completed and advice is sought then the information gathered will be released to the public.On Monday, the Guyana Police Force reported that several contraband items were found in the Camp Street penitentiary during a Joint Services raid; an exercise called “Operation Restore Order”.The search, which was conducted in the main prison cell blocks, resulted in the seizure of 44 mobile phones, over 150 improvised weapons, scissors, a quantity of marijuana and tattoo machines, among other items.The Fire Service was on standby in case of any possible disturbance. Back in March, it was a similar search exercise which prompted inmates to start a series of fires in the Division A cell block, the last of which claimed the lives of 17 prisoners and injuring several others on March 3.The incident sparked much public outraged and concerns about the security at the facility, as many questioned how the prisoners were able to start the fire, especially since there was a search in the block on March 2 during which several contraband items were seized including 19 cellular phones.A Commission of Inquiry (CoI) into the unrest was ordered and during the proceedings, several prisoners testified of their fellow inmates (no names given) being in possession of cellphones, marijuana and in some cases “prison-made cutlasses”. In fact, one inmate had even admitted to posing for a photograph which was posted on a social media website.The inquiry was wrapped up last week and the panel, led by Justice James Patterson, and which includes former Director of Prisons Dale Erskine and human rights activist Merle Mendonca, has until May 31 to submit their findings.