Fear has begun to grip Caldwell after alleged rape cases came to light in the densely populated community.Women of Caldwell are in confusion, wondering who could be the next victim or who are the two men accused of raping two women recently or why such a cold-hearted act is being committed at all.“Now, all the women in my yard go indoors before it gets dark because we are scared. No arrest has been made but do the police even know where to begin looking for the rapist?” questioned Ma Hawa, a neighbor living close to the victims.Seated near the house where the two women were allegedly raped on April 13, at around 4:00am, sat one of the victims. Wrapped in a blanket, she sits starring at men who lounged around smoking, drinking palm wine and having a loud conversation.Turning slightly to rise from her seat, tears could be seen running down her face as she walked back towards her room.She’s still in fear.“I want the government to help me find the identical person who did this to me, who raped us,” she pleaded.Rape in CaldwellThe victims, who say they have a clue as to who one of their assaulters is, also say they’ve never been sexually assaulted before now.“People say all kinds of things to justify why they think I was raped, like I’m too proud, always acting as if no man can have me. Is that the reason why I should be raped?” one of the victims sadly questioned.According to the women who were also robbed of over USD100.00 they went for a rape test right after the incident and ran across four other rape victims waiting to be tested on April 13.“One was a three year old child from Caldwell. They were able to catch the man who did it because he was seen holding the child,” stated the landlady of the two rape victims, who was also responsible for reporting the case.According to sources at Zone 7 Base in Caldwell, there have been numerous rape cases in the past year in the community, but none was ever committed during an armed robbery.Caldwell is in confusion.Criminals and DrugsThe commissioner of Caldwell, Alexine M. Howard, was reinstated as the commissioner of Caldwell last week. She has over her term ordered drug-infested ghetto’s to be raided, criminals arrested and street sellers selling on the sidewalks fined.According to a source working closely with the township, the commissioner has been unrelenting in trying to reduce the crime rate in Caldwell, but to no avail.Also, the source that wants to stay anonymous says that the commissioner’s life and property have been threatened as a result of her zero tolerance for crime and drugs.“Way before Ebola, we tried catching all the dealers and criminals to get them out of here, but the noise and threats that they aimed at us caused us to stop for a period of time,” the source added,“Now that our commissioner has her position back, she plans to get back to work immediately,” she added.Meanwhile, there are over five makeshift places where ‘drugs’ are sold, three of which house alleged ‘criminals.’A woman living around three drug spots located in the same feet of one another said she has had to move from a house she built because the ‘criminals’ tormented her.“Once I had to call the police to come to my rescue,” the woman added. “I’ve also notified DEA several times about the ‘drug’ activities.”Meanwhile, information circulating around Caldwell market, states that a drug spot stands right in the yard where the women were allegedly raped. Though one man has been accused of committing the crime, the victims say the drug activity there continues to go on.“They sell ‘drugs’ there all day and mingle with us living in the house whenever they need water, or food,” added the landlady.The victims say a suspect was recently arrested after they identified him, but later released because there was no conclusive evidence to hold him. The man’s accusers admitted they did not see his face, but could only identify him by his voice, body odor and build. However the women still insist that the man arrested was one of the rapists. They also claim to have turned over to the police the bed sheet on which they were allegedly raped, to test for specimen that could link the suspect to the crime.There has been no confirmation from the LNP at the time of publication of their allegations.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
0Shares0000Dissapointed Kariobangi Sharks skipper Eric Juma receives the second finisher’s cheque alongside club chairman Robert Maoga from SportPesa boss Kevin Twissa and FKF boss Nick Mwendwa. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluNAIROBI, Kenya Jul 31 – Betting firm Sportpesa says it will continue sponsoring sporting ventures in the country despite the failure by Government to renew their license for allegedly not being tax compliant.CEO Ronald Karauri sought to allay fears raised by Kakamega Senator Cleophas Malala that the cancellation of the betting firm’s operating licence has thrown the Kenya Premier League into panic of losing their title sponsor. “In terms of sponsorship, I am a lover of sports, I will continues sponsoring Gor Mahia and AFC for as long as I am able,” Karauri on Wednesday afternoon told a sitting of the Senate Justice and Legal Affairs Committee which was meeting over the halting of licenses and permits of betting and gaming firmsThe Kakamega Senator said supporters of the two community based football giants were living in fear of the repeat of a decision by Sportpesa which in January 2018 shocked the sporting fraternity by announcing the cancellation all its local partnerships citing a tax hike.The news follows last year’s announcement by Formula One Management that it had appointed an official gaming partner. Interregional Sports Group will offer live betting on F1 sessions.The gaming firm is one of the biggest supporters of local sports, bankrolling the Kenyan Premier League as the title sponsor to a tune of Sh87mn a year as well as both Gor and AFC, Kenya’s two biggest football clubs.SportPesa also sponsors the Football Kenya Federation Shield as well as boxing and rallying to add on to their Kits for Africa Community Social Responsibility program.Senate Minority Leader James Orengo (Siaya) said it was unfortunate that the betting firm was being targeted because of its flamboyant portfolio which has seen its sponsoring English Premiership side Everton, Championship side Hull City as well as U.K. based Formula 1 Team Racing Point.SportPesa also has sponsorship ventures in Italy and is also Arsenal and La Liga’s Africa betting partner.Senators Mutula Kilonzo (Makueni) and Susan Kihika (Nakuru) defended the betting firm saying the government went back on a court order that had allowed the company to continue operating as it resolved differences on tax issues.“I refuse a country where law is used to suffocate honest business while fraudsters in this country are making money and walking away,” said Kilonzo.Kariobangi Sharks striker Eric Kapaito receives his Most valuable Player award from SportPesa CEO Ronald Karauri on October 25, 2018. PHOTO/Timothy Olobulu“The Ministry of Interior should try institute morality through legislation and not fear-mongering. They should better than to use this to confuse Kenyans and shut companies while leaving others running. I need to know what the distinction was between those whose licenses were renewed and those whose licenses were shut down. Do we have selective enforcement going?” posed the Makueni Senator.During the meeting Kenya Revenue Authority Deputy Commissioner Elizabeth Meyo assured the Senate team that they have entered into talks with Sportpesa and 26 other betting and gaming firms whose licences have not been renewed because they had not complied with the new 20pc withholding tax on winnings.However, Karauri explained that the taxman was using a loophole in the amended Finance Act 2018 to demand winnings, a dispute that is before Taxation Dispute Tribunal.“We have paid taxes in the amount of Sh17.1bn since we began operating in Kenya, but KRA are demanding that we now have a debt of over Sh21bn. Our prayer to this Committee is that it rules that we be allowed to resume our operations, because we cannot get into negotiations when we are out of business,” Karauri argued.Mega Jackpot winner Samuel Abisai receiving his cheque.He further stated; “There has to be a level of good faith. Unfortunately when we try negotiate with KRA, they tell you pay first argue later.”But Meyo responded that they were forced to take the action after the firms refused to remit the taxation of the earned through the gross revenue declared through winnings.“The main contentious issue is the interpretation of what a winning is, if the law was changed in 2017 to say that a winning should not be, winning less stake, it cannot be changed later to mean the same thing, because when you look at the Tax Laws (Amendment) Act 2017, winnings meant winnings less stake,” Meyo said in her explanation.All betting firms were supposed to be vetted afresh and have their licences renewed by July 1 in a bid to control the growing influx of the companies and ensure strict remittance of taxes.0Shares0000(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)
OAKLAND — Warriors reserve guard/forward Shaun Livingston will miss his second consecutive game when the Warriors (2-0) host the Phoenix Suns (1-1) on Monday at Oracle Arena because of a left knee contusion. Livingston also stayed sidelined during Sunday’s loss in Denver.Warriors coach Steve Kerr offered that Livingston’s absence may provide increased playing time for fourth-year guard Quinn Cook, training camp … CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile device
CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos or video on a mobile deviceOAKLAND — Klay Thompson is officially listed as questionable for Game 3 of the NBA Finals due to left hamstring tightness, but he said Tuesday it’s hard to envision a scenario in which misses he the first playoff game of his career come Wednesday night.Thompson suffered his injury with 10:40 left in the fourth quarter of Game 2 … [vemba-video id=”van/sc/2019/06/04/bang_6363a72c-895f-4159-8286-b8c325d578b4″]
Jetstar and Virgin Australia have cancelled flights to and from Australia and Bali due to the ash cloud from the eruption of Mt Rinjani on Lombok, adjacent to Bali.The eruption this year of Mount Raung to the north-west of Bali caused severe disruptions to flights on four separate occasions. Miracle escape from ash cloud.Virgin Australia said that its “team of meteorologists and the Volcanic Ash Advisory Centre have advised that conditions in the vicinity of Denpasar Airport are not safe for flying.”“Guests (passengers) whose flights have been cancelled will be advised of their new flight details via SMS or email, or they can contact the Guest Contact Centre on 13 67 89,” the airline said. It noted that if the travel was booked through a travel agent or a third-party website, it advises passengers to make contact with that party.Jetstar’s message is the same and it will revisit the situation on Wednesday November 4th.