Crews had been working since Saturday’s blizzard to have the railroad fully operational by the beginning of the week.Rail yards were buried in two feet of snow and tracks were blanketed in mounds of white stuff due to the powerful Nor’easter that rolled in on Saturday. On Sunday, officials said they were hoping to have full service restored by Monday morning. But five branches remained closed Monday and only one other line was restored in time for riders to head back to the Island for the evening commute.Nowakowski said thousands of railroad employees had been working to clear snow and repair damaged equipment.“I thank them all for a job well done fighting a snowstorm that hit us harder than expected,” Nowakowski said.The delays Nowakowski had warned riders about materialized early Tuesday morning. There were scattered delays of up to 10 minutes due to ongoing effects from the storm, the LIRR said.About an hour later, however, service was running on or close to schedule. Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Relief finally came to Long Island Rail Road riders Tuesday as the railroad returned to full service following a headache-filled commute a day earlier.All LIRR branches were fully restored in time for Tuesday morning’s commute, railroad officials said. The restoration of service comes one day after riders were forced to deal with cancellations, delays, and packed trains following this weekend’s blizzard.“We expect to have all segments of all branches operating Tuesday morning, but customers should allow extra travel time and check for the potential for weather-related delays before traveling,” LIRR President Patrick Nowakowski said in a statement.
Advertisement Read Also: Barca secure slim win over Elche to claim Joan Gamper Trophy“We are calm and happy with what we have. There is no rush.”Pirlo’s first competitive game in charge comes on Monday when Juventus face Sampdoria in Serie A, the Turin giants launching their quest to secure a 10th consecutive Scudetto.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Andrea Pirlo confirmed it is “unlikely” Luis Suarez will join Juventus from Barcelona but vowed the Serie A champions remain in the hunt for a new striker. Although there is much about Suarez that appeals to Juventus, the process of securing an Italian passport for a player who turns 34 in January is a complication that Pirlo addressed on Saturday. Suarez needs that citizenship to be eligible for a move, given the Bianconeri have filled their quota of non-EU players, and he is reportedly eligible to apply because of his wife’s family background. Loading… Promoted ContentWhy Do So Many Digital Assistants Have Feminine Names & Voices?6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone12 Iconic Actors Whose Careers Were Stunted By A Single Movie8 Addictive And Fun Coffee Facts7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreEverything You Need To Know About Asteroid ArmageddonTop 10 Must-Know Facts About Ivanka Trump2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayThe 6 Weirdest Things You Can Learn On WikiHow The prospect of Suarez teaming up with former Real Madrid rival Cristiano Ronaldo at Juventus would have been tantalising, with Pirlo having allowed Gonzalo Higuain to join Inter Miami. But Juventus have questions over how long the passport process for Suarez might take, and Pirlo said, quoted in Corriere dello Sport: “It is difficult because looking at the times for the passport… it is unlikely he will be our centre-forward.” Suarez has been left out of Barcelona’s squad for the Joan Gamper Trophy match against Elche, with incoming coach Ronald Koeman looking keen to offload him. Speaking in a news conference, Juventus head coach Pirlo said: “We are all waiting for the central striker. The transfer market is long.