PALM BEACH COUNTY – Palm Beach County has announced that they will offer on-site testing for COVID-19, along with several other measures.On-site testing (swab sample collection) will begin on Tuesday, March 31st at the FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches. Preapproval and appointments will be required.Telephone registration and appointment scheduling for COVID-19 testing will begin on Monday, March 30th from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Individuals requesting testing will be approved through telephone screening conducted by The Healthcare District of Palm Beach County. Health Care District of Palm Beach County testing line: (561) 642-1000Palm Beach County also reiterates that all Non-critical retail and commercial businesses in Palm Beach County have remained closed until further notice. The continuing operation of critical businesses is necessary to provide goods and services to the public, to keep the public healthy and to ensure the availability of supplies.A list of critical businesses can be found here: Emergency Order Number 2aPalm Beach County still remains under a State of Emergencyhttp://discover.pbcgov.org/PDF/COVID19/Declaration-of-Continuing-State-of-Emergency_3-25-2020.pdfSCHOOL INFORMATIONStarting Monday, March 30th, schools across Palm Beach County will be distributing ‘Grab and Go’ bags. The hours for Food distribution will be from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.Please be sure to check the full list of food distribution locations as some have changed.·
Days after rallies were held in West Bengal to celebrate Ram Navami, both the ruling Trinamool Congress and the BJP held rallies for Hanuman Jayanti on Tuesday, a first for West Bengal. While Suri, the district headquarters of Birbhum was on boil over a rally organised by the BJP, TMC leaders Lakshmi Ratan Shukla and Vaishali Dalmia were also present at the Hanuman Jayanti rallies.Another important TMC leader, Sadhan Pande, was present at an event in Kolkata where a large statue of Hanuman was unveiled. In some places like Basberia in the State’s Hooghly district, TMC councillor Amit Ghosh was present at an armed rally. Meanwhile, violence was reported at the BJP rally at Suri. BJP supporters carrying saffron flags were stopped by the police and Rapid Action Force (RAF) personnel near the Barabagan area.Senior police officers of the district said no permission had been given to hold the rally. The police said that they had to intervene when those rallying “tried to enter the more sensitive areas of the town with a mixed population”.Baton chargePolice resorted to a baton charge to control the situation, leading to chaos. TMC Birbhum district president Anubrata Mondal justified police action. “Dilip Ghosh (BJP State president) was supposed to attend this rally. He did not come himself but tried to incite the locals from Kolkata. These tactics will not work in Birbhum,” he said. Mr. Ghosh said that the permission had been cancelled at the last moment and alleged “police excesses” on the BJP supporters.
Moderate polling was witnessed in the early hours of the first phase of panchayat election in Kashmir Valley on Saturday as nearly nine per cent of voters exercised their franchise till 10 am.“A total of 8.9 per cent of the electorate cast their votes at 283 polling locations across the valley till 10 am,” an official said.They said 12,104 votes were polled in the first two hours of the poll conducted in 16 blocks in six districts of the valley.The officials said the total number of electorate in these polling stations is 1,35,774.In 10 blocks of Ladakh region having 130 polling locations, the officials said 1,001 votes were polled in the first two hours.The total electorate in these polling stations is 25,906 and the voting percentage till 10 am is 3.9 per cent.The total voting percentage in Kashmir division, including Ladakh region, at 10 am is 8.1 per cent, the officials said.Voting began at 8 am at 3,296 polling stations — 1,303 in Kashmir and 1,993 in Jammu — and would end at 2 pm, officials said.The officials said that in the first phase polling, 85 sarpanch and 1,676 panch have been elected unopposed while voting is taking place on the remaining 420 sarpanch and 1,845 panch seats, for which 5,585 candidates are in the fray.They said there are 4,45,059 electors for sarpanch seats and 2,72,792 for panch constituencies.All necessary arrangements are in place for the smooth conduct of the polls, the officials said, adding massive security arrangements, including deployment of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), have been made to ensure peaceful election.The government has declared holiday on the day of poll in the panchayat areas where polls are taking place so as to enable the voters to cast their vote.While the polls are being conducted on the non-party basis, the NC, PDP and the CPI(M) have announced to stay away from the electoral exercise due to the legal challenge to Article 35-A of the Constitution in the Supreme Court.The NC and the PDP have asked the Centre to make its stand clear in the apex court on the constitutional provision and urged it to defend its continuation in the court.They had also boycotted the municipal polls which were conducted last month.Separatists in Kashmir Valley have called for boycott of the polls and asked people to observe a shutdown on Saturday.
As part of an action plan for time-bound implementation of budgetary announcements, 10,600 new classrooms will be constructed at a cost of ₹1,181 crore in Rajasthan’s government schools and the information technology infrastructure strengthened. The utilisation of budgetary allocation is set to improve quality of education in the State.Minister of State for Education Govind Singh Dostasara said here that the new classrooms would include computer rooms, science laboratories, library rooms and arts and crafts rooms. Besides, the projects for renovation of 83 school buildings and construction of 23 new buildings will be taken up this year.Mr. Dotasara said at Shiksha Sankul here that the Education Department would establish IT labs in the schools which were yet to be connected with the new communication network. “We are taking steps for ensuring a high quality of education and making available basic facilities of drinking water and toilets in the schools,” he said.The Minister said the works such as construction of boundary walls of schools would be taken up under the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, while regular monitoring would be carried out to provide all facilities to the students.
(Eds: Disclaimer: The following press release comes to you under an arrangement with PR Newswire. PTI takes no editorial responsibility for the same.)NOIDA, India, October 8, 2018/PRNewswire/ –Rutvik Rau won the U-19 category for BoysAnanya Dabke and Tejas Chawla won the U-17 category for Girls and Boys, respectivelyAasya Patel and Paarth Ambani won the U-15 category for Girls and Boys, respectivelyChitrangada Goel and Ansh Tripathi won the U-13 category for Girls and Boys, respectivelyAnahat Singh and Gurveer Singh won the U-11 category for Girls and Boys, respectivelyHCL, a leading global conglomerate, today announced the successful conclusion of the 3rd HCL International Junior Squash Championship. A Silver event under the Asian Squash Federation (ASF) calendar, rated five star by the Squash Racket Federation of India (SRFI), this International Junior Squash Championship is HCL’s annual flagship Squash tournament. Hosted at the Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida, the 5-day championship is one of the highest-level tournaments in India. The winners of the Championship were felicitated by Asian Games silver medallist, Mr. Deepak Kumar with a total prize purse of approximately Rs. 6 lacs across all categories.(Photo: https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/765466/HCL_International_Junior_Squash.jpg )The top players will receive ranking points for the matches played during this tournament, which will add up to their Asian rankings in the relevant age group. The Championship, which saw a participation from 372 players, was organised under the aegis of The Squash Racket Federation of India and the Uttar Pradesh Squash Rackets Association to promote the sport at a competitive level.advertisementSundar Mahalingam, Chief Strategy Officer, HCL Corporation and Shiv Nadar Foundation, said, “I would like to congratulate all the winners and participants for the great performance they have displayed over the last five days. This was HCL’s third initiative in a row to promote junior squash in the country and the growing participation every year is very encouraging. We will continue to build on this initiative to provide a serious platform to young upcoming players in the country.”Harish Prasad, National Squash Development Officer at Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI), said, “It was a great experience to see these young players battle each other for the title. We saw tremendous enthusiasm amongst the young players and foresee a bright future for Indian Squash. The support that HCL is extending towards the sport is commendable and we should now start working at the grassroot level to identify more such talented players and give them opportunities like this.”Deepak Kumar, Asian Games Silver Medallist and the Guest of Honour of the ceremony, said, “It’s heartening to see the performance of these young players. Initiatives and tournaments like this are important to ensure that India players are trained better to compete at international platforms. I congratulate all the winners and also encourage the other participants to keep up the sporting spirit.”The Championship was played in a knockout format followed by play-offs of the top 8 positions in all categories. The details of the winners and runners up are as follows:CategoryBU19BU17GU17BU15GU15BU13GU13BU11GU11RutvikTejasAnanyaPaarthAasyaAnshChitrangadaGurveer AnahatWinnerRauChawlaDabkeAmbaniPatelTripathiGoelSinghSinghSankalp Karata AmiraJehUditiRohanKhushbooPriyaan UnnatiRunner-up AnandDasmah SinghPandole Mishra AryaThakker TripathiapatraGondiAbout HCLFounded in 1976 as one of India’s original IT garage start-ups, HCL is a pioneer of modern computing with many firsts to its credit, including the introduction of the 8-bit microprocessor-based computer in 1978 well before its global peers. Today, the HCL Enterprise has a presence across varied sectors that include technology, healthcare and talent management solutions and comprises three companies – HCL Infosystems, HCL Technologies and HCL Healthcare. The enterprise generates annual revenues of over US $8 billion with more than 1,24,000 employees from 140 nationalities operating across 41 countries, including over 500 points of presence in India. For further information, visit http://www.hcl.com.Source: HCLPWRPWR
Serbia Share on LinkedIn Read more Twitter Share on Pinterest features Eight years on from a poor World Cup in South Africa in which they finished bottom of Group D, Serbia aim to ignore the similarities with that 2010 campaign – once again they won their qualifying group – and put in a mentally stronger and and more tactically astute display.The early signs do not offer the expected level of promise, however. Serbia seemed on course to reach Russia as comprehensive Group D winners in front of Wales and Republic of Ireland but a series of poor displays towards the end of the qualification campaign, equally poor player selection and a lack of tactical versatility from Slavoljub Muslin saw the experienced manager blamed, sacked and replaced by his assistant, Krstajic, despite Serbia qualifying as group winners.In an effort to distance himself from Muslin and his mentor’s fall, Krstajic introduced a number of tactical tweaks and called up the Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, whose untamed personality did not seem to fit with Muslin’s tranquil nature.Krstajic, a former Werder Bremen defender, had no such dilemmas about including the 23-year-old. “Our best players will always have a place in my team,” he said. “Sergej Milinkovic-Savic proved he can be counted on for the future and is bound to become the backbone of this squad.” Pinterest Topics World Cup 2018 World Cup 2018: Guardian Experts’ Network Which player is going to surprise everyone at the 2018 Fifa World Cup? Sergej Milinkovic-Savic has surprised everyone this season in Serie A, putting in one commanding display after another for Lazio. The 23-year-old dictates the play similarly to Paul Pogba – and has been linked with a move to Manchester United – but is also capable of playing further forward, just off the striker.Which player is likely to disappoint?Dusan Tadic. He must have been affected by some of the negativity surrounding him at Southampton this season and it could disrupt his flow at the World Cup. Tadic played a vital role in helping Serbia reach Russia but the creative midfielder is likely to be pushed further to the right as Krstajic looks to accommodate Milinkovic-Savic. This could easily be a blow to his confidence.What is the realistic aim for Serbia at the 2018 Fifa World Cup and why?The Serbian public tends to harbour bloated expectations about the national team’s chances. Traditionally the country has had high-class individuals who have displayed a chronic lack of togetherness at major competitions. Players and fans consider qualifying for the knockout stage behind Brazil a minimum, and elimination at the last-16 stage might be publicly perceived as a huge underachievement.Milos Markovic writes for Sportske.net.Follow him on Twitter here. Vladimir Stojkovic: Serbia’s prickly partisan trying to forget his ‘ugly past’ Reuse this content Share on Facebook World Cup Share on Twitter Share via Email This article is part of the Guardian’s 2018 World Cup Experts’ Network, a cooperation between some of the best media organisations from the 32 countries who have qualified for Russia. theguardian.com is running previews from two countries each day in the run-up to the tournament kicking off on 14 June.Serbia return to the World Cup after failing to qualify for the 2014 tournament. The nation is hoping that Mladen Krstajic’s star-studded squad can overcome a chronic mental fragility which has held them back in the past. Facebook With The Sergeant – as they call him in Italy – in a pivotal midfield position, Krstajic embarked on an Asian tour in November 2017 to prove that the Lazio man could be trusted to play alongside Manchester United’s Nemanja Matic and the Crystal Palace captain Luka Milivojevic. Milinkovic-Savic’s assist for Adem Ljajic – another one of Muslin’s disputed selection choices – in a 1-1 draw against South Korea was deemed more than enough proof that he will have an important role to play in Russia.Steering away from the 3-4-3 formation Muslin relied on for the most part of the qualifiers, Krstajic implemented the biggest change in defence. Regarded as the strongest part of Serbia’s team – along with the burgeoning midfield – a backline including Branislav Ivanovic and Aleksandar Kolarov was expected to help forge an impressive wall in front of the goalkeeper Vladimir Stojkovic. But Krstajic has shaken things up by introducing a 4-2-3-1 system and made Kolarov his captain, which raised a few eyebrows after Ivanovic was stripped of the armband.The striker is the one part of the team Krstajic will not be altering, with Aleksandar Mitrovic hitting swashbuckling form during his loan at Fulham. The Newcastle reject has come a long way in a matter of months since moving to London and could be Serbia’s biggest fear factor in Russia. He could be the player who glues together all the parts of the puzzle and provides the guts up front that Serbia have been sorely missing on the biggest stage.Probable starting XI Share on WhatsApp Share on Messenger Serbia probable starting XI
zoom South Korean bank Korea Eximbank (KEXIM) has granted its approval for a financial injection for the Philippines’ proposed new Cebu International Container Port in Consolacion.The port project cost is estimated to be around PHP 9.19 billion (USD 181.6 million), according to the Philippine News Agency.Out of this amount, PHP 7.96 billion (USD 157.2 million) is up for official development assistance (ODA) funding, while the Philippine government would contribute with PHP 1.23 billion (USD 24.3 billion).Set to commence the implementation phase in the third quarter, the port project is reportedly scheduled to be completed by 2020. The new port, which would reduce congestion and vessel waiting time in the Cebu International Port, is set to almost double container yard capacity from the current 7,373 TEU to 14,400 TEU.KEXIM would further finance USD 1 billion worth of infrastructure projects in the Philippines. Relevant Philippine authorities are currently conducting feasibility studies for several projects targeted to be presented for possible KEXIM financing.World Maritime News Staff