By Dialogo June 19, 2012 The Colombian senate’s approval June 14 of looser terms in peace talks sends a strong message to leftist guerillas who have been battling the government for half a century, experts said. The constitutional reform proposed by President Juan Manuel Santos, which must still pass the House of Representatives and Constitutional Court, allows for the possibility of amnesty for demobilized guerillas. It also sets out provisions to provide restitution to victims of the decades-long conflict and opens the door for former guerillas to gain political office so long as they did not perpetuate crimes against humanity. “It is essentially a message to the guerillas — they’re saying here is a way to make peace,” Fernando Giraldo, a political science professor at the Javeriana University. Colombian law currently imposes hefty prison terms on guerilla leaders accused of terrorism and bars them for life from political office. Amnesty is only offered for non-violent political crimes. “It’s a law for peace,” said Ariel Avila of Corporación Nuevo Arco Iris, a think-tank promoting peaceful resolutions to the Colombian conflict. “It opens a door to dialogue and offers a legal grounding to support it.” The approval does not signal that talks are imminent, cautioned Giraldo. “Society needs a pathway to escape this interminable armed conflict, but peace is not around the corner,” he told AFP. In public speeches this week Santos urged the military to attack guerillas with force and insisted that if a dialogue is opened “it will be on our conditions and under our controls.” Colombia has been riled in a bloody internal conflict that has killed, injured and displaced hundreds of thousands of people over the past 50 years.
In 2018, from 1.1. to 6.5., a total of 152.522 arrivals and 553.527 overnight stays were realized in our camps, which represents an increase of 20,55% in arrivals and 23,62% in overnight stays. In May alone (1.1.-6.5.), A total of 179.924 overnight stays were realized, ie an increase of 44,39% compared to the same period last year. By countries, the first are Slovenes (with + 21% of overnight stays), followed by Germans (+ 10% of overnight stays) and Poles (+ 73% of overnight stays). Austria ranks 4th in overnight stays and Italy 5th.Invitation to a study trip to Spain and FranceAfter last year’s trip to the Netherlands and Belgium, the destination of this year’s KUH study trip will be the sunny coasts of Spain and France, or some of the most popular tourist and camping destinations in the French region of Occitanie along with Perpignanon and the Spanish tourism capital – Barcelona. Locks.In this area there is a concentration of very high quality camps that are rated the highest grade of the German ADAC and all carry the title “Superplatz”, while one camp belongs to the selection of top camps “Leading Campings”. The planned route in France includes a tour of several camps of the famous French group Yelloh! Village. “It should be added that, in terms of their product and target emitting market, these camps are very similar to ours, so we believe that this year’s study trip, thanks to quality camps and attractive destinations, will be very interesting for anyone who wants to get to know the specifics of camping. specified regions. ” stand out from KUH.For the WORK PROGRAM times click hereFor the Application Form click hereThe price of a trip based on 4 nights for a group of a minimum of 60 people is HRK 7.300,00 per person in a double room (surcharge for a single room is HRK 1.350,00). The price includes flight, bus transfers, hotel accommodation, insurance and organization of camp tours.Deadline for final confirmation of interest – Monday, May 21.5.2018, 12. to 00:XNUMX.
Environment, Human Services, Press Release, Public Health, Weather Safety Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf today notified farmland owners in Philadelphia and Delaware counties that they are eligible to receive disaster relief funding from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).“This year was unprecedented and unpredictable, with weather conditions that challenged farmers across the state,” said Governor Wolf. “This funding will be crucial to help those producers protect their investments and recoup some of their losses. I encourage anyone eligible in Philadelphia or Delaware counties to apply for this valuable federal relief.”The funding will help with losses caused by disasters that occurred during the 2018 crop year, such as excessive heat and drought. It is the result of a Secretarial disaster declaration and can include emergency loans from the federal Farm Service Agency (FSA).Eligible farmers can apply for loans for up to eight months after a Secretarial disaster declaration, and should contact their local FSA office for assistance. More information on USDA’s disaster assistance program, including county lists and maps, can be found at http://disaster.fsa.usda.gov. Governor Wolf Announces Disaster Relief Funding Available for Philadelphia, Delaware County Farms November 08, 2018 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
National Employment Savings Trust (NEST) Corporation chief executive Tim Jones is to stand down at the end of the year after eight years in charge of the auto-enrolment vehicle.Jones was appointed in October 2007 as head of the Personal Accounts Delivery Authority (PADA), the government body charged with delivering NEST – an auto-enrolment master trust with a public service obligation to accept all employers.PADA was renamed NEST in the build-up to auto-enrolment, and its only chief executive will now leave to develop a digital financial product in a throwback to his career prior to joining the organisation.Jones said the development of the digital product had been an ambition and that he hoped his long notice period demonstrated his commitment to the master trust’s success. Before joining NEST, Jones was head of retail banking at NatWest and chief executive of Modex, Purseus and Simpay – banking and mobile payment financial software firms.As chief executive, he was key in delivering the trust that opened its doors to new members as auto-enrolment began in October 2012.NEST now has close to 2m members with more than £330m (€446m) in assets.The organisation said it was commencing its recruitment drive for a successor immediately and hoped to have someone in place by the time Jones stepped down.Otto Thoresen, the recently appointed chairman at NEST, praised Jones for his “fantastic” work in leading the body.“He has successfully taken NEST from the early stages of development through to the first key stages of delivery and established NEST as an integral part of auto-enrolment in the process,” he said.Thoresen was appointed chair of the trust after Lawrence Churchill stepped down earlier this month after five years in the role, overseeing the launch of auto-enrolment alongside Jones.
Update on the latest in sports: April 27, 2020 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditNFL-SAINTS-WINSTONAP source: Saints, Winston in ‘advanced’ negotiationsNEW ORLEANS (AP) — A person familiar with the situation says the New Orleans Saints and quarterback Jameis Winston are working on a contract proposal to make the former Buccaneers starter a backup to Drew Brees. The person says the Saints and Winston are in “advanced” talks. GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Florida guards Andrew Nembhard and Tre Mann have declared for the NBA draft while keeping open the option of returning to school.The Gators made the announcement on the final day underclassmen had to decide on their futures.Nembhard hired an NCAA-certified agent so he can retain his college eligibility and potentially return to school. He returned last year after not getting invited to the NBA scouting combine.The sophomore averaged 11.2 points, 5.6 assists and 3.0 rebounds in 2019-20. Mann, a freshman, averaged 5.3 points off the bench.Nembhard’s decision comes after two other Florida starters — guard Scottie Lewis and forward Keyontae Johnson — decided to stay in school.The Gators seem to be equipped to handle both potential departures. They have Ques Glover and former Cleveland State standout Tyree Appleby to play the point next season. — Safety Kavon Frazier, who missed most of last season with a pectoral injury, has signed with the Miami Dolphins. Frazier was limited to four games in 2019 for the Dallas Cowboys before going on injured reserve. In four seasons with Dallas, he played 44 games, starting twice, and also contributed on special teams. Frazier becomes the 11th free agent to join the Dolphins this offseason. He was a sixth-round draft pick in 2016 out of Central Michigan. NFL DRAFT-TV RATINGSNFL draft averages record 8.4M viewers across 3 daysUNDATED (AP) — Seth Markman was just as nervous as NFL coaches and general managers about the unknown factors involved with a virtual draft. But the ESPN executive producer said he was overwhelmed with how everything came together over the three days. It also ended up being must-see TV as the first significant live sporting event since the coronavirus pandemic ground everything to a halt.The draft averaged a record 8.4 million viewers over all three days, according to the NFL and Nielsen. Bull Riding resumes, but no fansGUTHRIE, OKLAHOMA (AP) — The Professional Bull Riders returned from a 41-day break this weekend in Guthrie, Oklahoma, for an Unleash The Beast event originally scheduled for Las Vegas. The two-day competition at Lazy E Arena was closed to fans to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Fabiano Vieira won the competition with the only 3-for-3 performance. The 37-year-old Brazilian earned $11,000 and 104 points to jump from 14th to ninth in the season standings.The PBR also plans to stage two-day events at the Lazy E on May 9-10 and 16-17.VIRUS OUTBREAK-ITALYItalian sports to resume training soon NEW YORK (AP) — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says he can envision baseball games being played without fans this summer at Yankee Stadium and the Mets’ Citi Field.The Democrat said “Be creative. Try to figure it out,” during his briefing Sunday. Adding that if players could get paid more than staying home and owners would get some revenue versus total shutdown, why not? He’d love to watch.Cuomo says he has spoken with owners of professional sports teams, but he did not identify which ones. They would have to make the economics work without gate revenue but with broadcast revenue.Cuomo said that everybody has to think outside the box, because there is no box.VIRUS OUTBREAK-BULL RIDING The previous high was 6.2 million last year.MLB-CLEVELAND-FURLOUGHSIndians to furlough some employeesCLEVELAND (AP) — The Cleveland Indians will pay regular salaries to full-time employees through June 30, but the club has had to furlough others due to the COVID-19 outbreak.The team said senior executives took “voluntary salary reductions” to ensure the team could continue to pay staffers. The Indians confirmed they have furloughed many of their part-time employees and interns. Those will take effect on May 1. In other college basketball news:— San Diego State forward Matt Mitchell has declared for the NBA draft while keeping open the option of returning to school. The Aztecs made the announcement on the final day underclassmen had to decide on their futures. The school says Mitchell did not hire an agent, allowing him to maintain his collegiate eligibility. Mitchell has until June 3 to withdraw his name from draft consideration and return to SDSU for his final season. Mitchell started the season as the sixth man but started the final 19 games. He was named to the All-Mountain West first team.— South Carolina forward A.J. Lawson is entering the NBA draft for a second straight season. Lawson is a 6-foot-6 sophomore who also went through the process after his freshman season. Like a year ago, Lawson is not hiring an agent giving him the chance to return to the Gamecocks. Lawson started all 31 games for South Carolina, averaging a team-best 13.4 points a game. Lawson had until Sunday to enter the draft. He has until June 3 to pull his name out and return for his junior season. VIRUS OUTBREAK-CUOMO-BASEBALLGovernor envisions baseball without fans this season Associated Press UNDATED (AP) — Italian Premier Giuseppe Conte says professional sports teams can resume training on May 18.The move means that the Serie A soccer league could resume playing games in June.Serie A has been suspended since March 9, when the government ordered a nationwide lockdown.Conte also said that athletes in individual sports can resume training on May 4.ARKANSAS DERBY Cavallari, Cutler getting divorced after 7 years of marriageCHICAGO (AP) — Reality TV star Kristin Cavallari and former Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler are getting divorced.Cavallari said in an Instagram post Sunday that she and her husband are breaking up after seven years of marriage and a decade together.Cutler played 12 seasons in the NFL with Denver, Chicago and Miami. He was with the Bears from 2009-2016.Cavallari and Cutler have three young children — two sons and a daughter.,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 The Indians are one of the few teams to guarantee full-time workers their salaries through June.MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred told teams last week he was suspending non-player personnel contracts on May 1. Many teams agreed to pay employees through May.Baseball has been shut down since March 12 and the start of the season remains unclear.COLLEGE BASKETBALL-FLORIDA-NEMBHARDNembhard declares for draft again Arkansas Derby to be run in 2 divisionsUNDATED (AP) — For the first time, the Arkansas Derby will be run in two divisions next weekend.Both will carry the full 170 qualifying points for the Kentucky Derby. The race was originally set to have a $1 million purse.Now, each division will be worth $500,000. A total of 22 horses are expected to run on Saturday between the two divisions, including winners of the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile, Rebel Stakes, Tampa Bay Derby and Louisiana Derby.CAVALLARI AND CUTLER DIVORCE The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Sunday because negotiations were ongoing.Winston passed for 5,109 yards and 33 touchdowns last season but also threw 30 interceptions. Tampa Bay has replaced Winston with ex-Patriots QB Tom Brady.Meanwhile, the Saints says reserve QB Taysom Hill has a new two-year contract.In other NFL news:— Seattle Seahawks veteran offensive lineman D.J. Fluker said he has been released by the team after two seasons as their starting right guard. Fluker posted on Twitter that he had been informed by coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider of the decision. The move came two days after Seattle drafted Fluker’s heir apparent in LSU guard Damien Lewis in the third round of the NFL draft. Seattle has also added several interior offensive linemen this offseason, including B.J. Finney, Kahlil McKenzie and Chance Warmack. The move with Fluker will save Seattle about $3.6 million against the salary cap.