MMT Scoops Up 10 New Contracts

first_imgMMT said it has secured 10 new subsea survey and inspection projects within the offshore wind, renewable energy and oil and gas industry.The contracts, won in the past two months, are for old and new clients such as Siccar Point Energy, Equinor, Perenco, SSE, Örsted, Vattenfall, GreenLink Interconnector, National Grid, Wintershall and BP Trinidad.Some of the contracts are in joint collaboration with MMT’s Norwegian partner Reach Subsea.The Swedish subsea survey specialist noted it will deliver its survey solution Surveyor Interceptor ROV in several projects this summer and autumn.last_img read more

Daisuke Matsuzaka sidelined again after pitching arm reportedly damaged by fan

first_imgInjuries kept Daisuke Matsuzaka from being a star in the major leagues. Now a journeyman in his native Japan, the right-hander is out of action again after a bizarre incident.The Associated Press reported this week that Matsuzaka, 38, was shut down by his current team, the Chunichi Dragons, after an “overzealous admirer” yanked his pitching arm while pursuing an autograph at a team event in Okinawa. The Dragons say Matsuzaka is dealing with shoulder pain and inflammation in the arm. Elbow injuries led to Tommy John surgery in mid-2011. Matsuzaka pitched in parts of three seasons in the majors (2012-14) after the procedure but could not get regular work until he became a swingman for the Mets in 2014.”Dice-K” did not pitch in 2015 or 2017 and threw just 21 innings total in 2016, counting a winter ball stint in Puerto Rico. He finally came back to make 11 starts (55 1/3 innings) for Chunichi last season, earning Comeback Player of the Year honors in the process.Now the comeback is on hold, and maybe over, depending on the severity of the injury. The fact Matsuzaka is still pitching may surprise observers who thought he was destined for a shortened career after being used heavily during his prep career in Japan.He was mostly healthy his first two MLB seasons after signing a six-year, $52 million free-agent contract with the Red Sox in the 2006 offseason. He made 32 starts in 2007 and 29 in 2008 for Boston. He would not make more than 25 starts in a season after that.MORE: Yankees’ Tanaka doesn’t want universal DH even after injurylast_img read more

Zinedine Zidane: Nothing has changed with Gareth Bale despite rescuing Real Madrid

first_imgZinedine Zidane praised Gareth Bale’s goalscoring performance against Arsenal but insisted nothing had changed with the Real Madrid outcast.Bale came off the bench to rescue Madrid, who trailed 2-0 at halftime before the Wales star scored to inspire a 2-2 draw at the International Champions Cup, where Zidane’s men prevailed 3-2 on penalties. “He is with us and we will continue working. We play well 10 against 11 and better 10 against 10. I don’t know what will happen. He wanted to play and the other day no.”I haven’t talked to him. He has trained normally and that’s why he played. Nothing has changed, you know what the situation is like.” FT: @RealMadrid 2-2 @Arsenal (3-2 pens) @GarethBale11 56′, @marcoasensio10 59′; Lacazette 10′ (p), Aubameyang 24’#Emirates | #RealMadridIsHere pic.twitter.com/Gu0KP4YqoV— Real Madrid C.F. (@realmadriden) July 24, 2019Bale stole the show in the second half at FedEx Field, where Marco Asensio also impressed before he left the field on a stretcher. Gareth Bale’s agent slams ‘disgrace’ Zinedine Zidane after Madrid transfer revelation Substitute Asensio equalized three minutes after Bale reduced the deficit in the 56th minute against Arsenal, who had Sokratis Papastathopoulos sent off for a second yellow card prior to the interval.However, Asensio’s game was abruptly cut short by an apparent knee injury and Zidane revealed he is very concerned.”It’s worrisome,” Zidane said. “Hopefully not, but he’s gone directly to the hospital to test. It looks bad.” Tipped to leave Madrid, Bale sat out last week’s loss to Bayern Munich, but he was surprisingly involved in Maryland after Zidane claimed the 30-year-old was close to departing the Santiago Bernabeu.Asked about Bale’s performance on Tuesday, head coach Zidane — who saw Nacho Fernandez sent off in the ninth minute for a handball — told reporters: “He has played a good game and I am happy for him. As for everyone. Related Newslast_img read more